ape Liberty in Bayonne, New Jersey is the departure point for many cruises to the Bahamas and the Caribbean, as well as domestic cruises to New England. The cruise port offers lovely views of the Statue of Liberty and lower Manhattan and is only 10 minutes (7 mi/11 km) away from New York City.
Cape Liberty’s central location affords it easy accessibility from a variety of transportation means. The port is 2 mi/3 km from the New Jersey turnpike and 15 minutes from Newark Liberty International Airport. It is also possible to travel to or from the port via public transportation by taking a bus or train to Bayonne and hiring a taxi for the final 2 mi/3 km to the port.
A secure parking facility is located next to the port.
No matter how safe you perceive a destination to be, it's important to use good judgment.
- Pay attention to local media.
- Avoid open displays of wealth, jewelry or other valuables. Safeguard travel documents such as passports and airline tickets.
- Avoid confrontations with locals.
- Avoid demonstrations and protests, especially if they appear political in nature.
- Don't permit people you don't know to enter your accommodations. Keep your door locked. Don't leave valuables in your room unless they can be locked in a safe.
- Avoid illegal drugs, and don't drink alcohol if its use is prohibited. Even if drinking is legal, don't overindulge.
- Be cautious of unsolicited offers of assistance from strangers.
In recent years, political terrorism has become a global phenomenon - an attack could occur with little warning anywhere in the world, even in destinations long regarded as safe. Travelers should keep themselves informed of developments that could affect their safety, no matter what their destination.