New rail journeys from Amtrak Vacations will be available in 2015. // © 2014 Amtrak Vacations
Travel agency Amtrak Vacations has announced the launch of its 2015-2016 brochure, featuring more than 20 new packages.
Why it Matters:
The upcoming lineup includes independent rail journeys; escorted rail journeys; and rail and sail programs in collaboration with Norwegian Cruise Line. The agency has also introduced the Family Weekend Getaways series, highlighting destinations such as Chicago, Seattle and San Diego, Calif. Travelers have until Dec. 31 to take advantage of an Early Booking Discount for travel in 2015 — save $250 per person for any escorted journey and $150 per person for any independent journey. All Amtrak-appointed travel agencies can earn 8 to 10 percent commission on Amtrak Vacations packages and group tickets.
- Travelers can also save $25 off per person on any 2014 Ultimate Getaways departing between now and March 1, 2015.
- Music Cities of America Escorted is an eight-day rail journey that begins in Nashville, Tenn., a city that rightfully owns the nickname “Music City,” followed by a trip to Memphis, Tenn. New Orleans rounds out the three-city trip. Highlights include a show at the famed Grand Ole Opry music stage, a tour of the Graceland museum and a chance to waltz down the infamous Bourbon Street.
- The new Glacier National Park Escorted vacation is a nine-day rail journey via Amtrak Vacations’ Empire Builder train. Beginning in Chicago, the trip also features three days inside Montana’s Glacier National Park with overnight stays at Glacier Park Lodge and ends with a visit to Seattle.
- For a longer vacation, check out yet another option: Route 66 by Rail Independent. Sixteen days with Amtrak Vacations take travelers along Route 66 with stops including Chicago; St. Louis, Miss.; Albuquerque; the Grand Canyon in Arizona; Flagstaff, Ariz.; and Los Angeles.
- To see a full list of Amtrak Vacations’ new offerings, visit AmtrakVacations.com.
What They Are Saying:
“After a record breaking year for Amtrak Vacations, we are excited to introduce new and exciting destinations to our already popular vacation programs,” said Frank Marini, president of Amtrak Vacations.