Avanti will now offer Asia itineraries in six Asian countries. // © 2015 iStock
FIT operator Avanti Destinations has premiered its new line of products in Asia. New offerings include 22 customizable itineraries and more than 30 city-stay packages in China, Japan, Thailand, Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia.
Why It Matters:
The first announcement of Avanti’s expansion into Asia came in October, when the tour operator released the results of its self-commissioned survey of travel agents. The report names China and Southeast Asia as hot spots among North American leisure travelers, and now, agents will be at the forefront of this destination trend with exclusive access to these itineraries. This is also Avanti’s first expansion in 25 years, a change that reflects both a newfound confidence in the region and major growth within the company. Agents who sell an Asia itinerary will receive a $100 bonus for each booking made through Feb. 29, 2016, for a minimum of seven nights.
- Before the expansion, Avanti sold customized FIT itineraries that included accommodations, transfers and sightseeing in Europe, Central and South America.
- New products include nine suggested itineraries in China; three in Japan, Thailand and Vietnam; two each in Cambodia and Laos; and two that combine Southeast Asian destinations.
- Clients traveling with new Avanti itineraries can choose from a wide range of first-class and deluxe hotels, such as Conrad, Marriott, Peninsula, Rosewood, Shangri-La and Sofitel.
- New products tailor hand-crafted experiences for small groups including a visit with local families, bicycling near China’s Li River, a sushi-making lesson and more.
- Itineraries range in length from 4 to 17 days.
- Agents can book Avanti’s new products by visiting www.avantidestinations.com.
- The 68-page Essence of Asia brochure will be available beginning Jan. 4, 2016.
What They Are Saying:
“These are the first Asia vacations designed from start to finish for independent travelers,” said Mark Grundy, Avanti’s managing director of Asia and former head of Wendy Wu Tours. “Other tour operators to Asia emphasize group packages, not FIT. Because ours are independent, guided vacations, they are exceptionally flexible, so clients can decide when they travel, what time their day starts and ends, when they take a break and whether they want to modify the suggested itinerary to take a longer lunch break or see a different sight. Why travel with a group of strangers when you can travel with you family or friends?”