Clients now have better options for rail travel in Europe. // © 2017 iStock
European high-speed train service Eurostar has joined the Eurail membership group. The recent partnership allows Eurail Pass holders traveling on Eurostar to access new special fares and increased availability of seat reservations. Eurail Global and applicable Select and One Country Pass holders can secure Eurostar Pass holder fares from about $32 one way in Standard class, or about $40 in Standard Premier with their Eurail Pass.
Why It Matters:
When booking clients on Eurostar rail journeys, travel agents can now provide their customers even more value — while riding in style. Eurostar’s new e320 high-speed train model offers a chic look inside and out with ergonomically designed reclining seats, extendable seat cushions, more than 300 hours of onboard entertainment, U.K. and Continental power sockets and more.
- Eurail Global and applicable Select and One Country Pass holders can secure Eurostar Pass holder fares from about $32 one way in Standard class, or about $40 in Standard Premier with their Eurail Pass. Special fares are available only to Eurail Pass holders.
- The fares will be available between London, Ebbsfleet and Ashford International railway stations and Paris; Brussels; Lille, France; Calais, France; and Disneyland Paris.
- Eurail Passes are available from three days to three months in duration and have a number of custom offers for youth, small groups and families.
- Eurail Passes can be booked up to 11 months in advance and used to travel in up to 28 European countries.
- Eurostar offers generous baggage allowances with no weight restrictions, free Wi-Fi access and more than 300 hours of onboard entertainment on the new e320 train models.
What They Are Saying:
“Rail is a great way to explore Europe, and our new partnership with Eurail offers Pass holders great value fares, so it’s never been easier to use our stylish and comfortable cross-Channel services as part of a European adventure,” said Darren Williams, head of sales for Eurostar.
“We have long anticipated this Eurail-Eurostar partnership and know it will be incredibly well-received in the North American market,” said Silvia Fischer, sales and marketing manager for Eurail Group G.I.E. “Particularly with the launch coming at a time when the dollar has gained considerable strength against the pound and euro, it gives travelers yet one more attractive reason to visit Europe in 2017.”