Agents will earn more commission with Gogo’s new offer. // © 2014 Thinkstock
Gogo Vacations has announced its 2015 strategy to invest heavily in agents, rolling out its “Travel Agents First” campaign Jan. 1.
Why It Matters:
The program’s new commission structure will reward agents with up to 25 percent more than what they were previously earning on bookings. Other incentives and promotions will also roll out next year, such as the monthly “Ready, Set, Go!” promotion, which will offer additional commission bonuses of up to 5 percent. Gogo will also be investing in more educational sessions, operational tools, fam trips, domestic and international learning conferences and marketing fulfillment services.
- Travel agents will be rewarded with up to 25 percent more than what they were earning previously. Compensation is based on the engagement tiers below.
- Booking agents — those with annual sales of up to $99,999 — will receive up to a 2 percent increase in commission.
- Partner agents — those with annual sales from $100,000 to $999,999 — will receive up to a 3 percent increase in commission.
- Travel agents in the $100,000 to $400,000 sales range will benefit from a commission level that is unprecedented for this sales volume elsewhere in the industry, according to Gogo.
- Premier agents — those with annual sales of $1,000,000 and higher — will receive up to a 2 percent increase in commission.
What They Are Saying:
“We want to reward agents directly and generously,” said Randy Alleyne, president of Gogo Vacations. “Our mission has always been to support the travel agents, and compensating them at higher levels underscores our steadfast commitment to this community. We have some other great things in store for 2015 that we are excited to unveil in the first quarter and throughout the year. ‘Travel Agents First’ is more than a campaign name — it is a movement.”