Tru by Hilton will feature a 2,770-square-foot lobby. // © 2016 Hilton Worldwide
Hilton Worldwide recently unveiled Tru by Hilton, a new midscale brand slated to open in the U.S. by the end of the year. The company has already signed 102 hotels, and an additional 30 hotels are in various stages of approval in many major cities.
Why It Matters:
Tru aims to appeal to travelers with “a millennial mindset” — those who have a youthful energy, a zest for life and a desire for human connection — and fill a marketplace need for innovative yet affordable lodging. With features such as a spacious lobby, a “Play Zone,” ample power outlets, Wi-Fi access with enough bandwidth for guests to download and stream content to their devices and more, Tru is part of the larger trend of hoteliers catering to this new kind of traveler and will pave the way for more brands to follow suit. Agents would do well to familiarize themselves with all the options available for their youthful clients.
- Tru by Hilton will offer features such as the Hive, 2,770 square feet of open space with unique ways for guests to engage with others or spend time alone, in one of four distinct zones for lounging, working, eating or playing.
- The Play Zone will offer table games, a large-screen television with DirecTV and tiered, stadium-style seating.
- A re-envisioned front desk called the Command Center will feature a social media wall with real-time content.
- A 24/7 market will offer snacks and refreshments, single-serve wine and beer, healthful light meal options and sundries for purchase.
- A complimentary “Build Your Own” breakfast area will present a toppings bar with 30 sweet and savory items.
- Other features will include a fitness center with a concept focused on cardio, strength and flexibility; complimentary Wi-Fi access with bandwidth that allows guests to download and stream content on their devices; and mobile check-in, room selection and Digital Key available through the Hilton HHonors mobile app.
- Guestrooms will feature all-white comfortable platform beds, 55-inch televisions, 8-foot wide windows, multiple power outlets and spacious bathrooms.
- Tru by Hilton’s prototype is designed to be easily scalable to fit urban, suburban, highway and airport adjacent locations. The prototype is also adaptable to dual-branded hotels.
What They Are Saying:
“We are incredibly excited to be launching Tru by Hilton, which will serve the largest segment of the hotel market, but a segment where no brand is meeting guests’ current needs,” said Christopher J. Nassetta, president and CEO of Hilton Worldwide. “Tru will provide guests with a high-quality, contemporary, consistent and fresh experience at a great value for customers, while at the same time delivering strong returns to our owners.”