HAL is deepening its travel partner relationships. // © 2018 Holland America Line
Holland America Line’s (HAL) sales team has debuted a new trade promise: Committed to Your Success. The line is pledging to provide comprehensive support to its travel partners and an exceptional cruise experience for clients.
Why it Matters:
The line is ramping up its efforts to support agents, who should take advantage of the new resources. In addition to the pledge, HAL has created dedicated sales teams that will be headed by a member of the new sales leadership team; reconfigured North American sales territories to maximize performance; and added new HAL Academy and Specialist Training courses and North America PartnerShips Sales Seminar Series.
- The new promise states: “We’re dedicated to being your reliable, responsive and easy-to-work with partner. When your clients experience Holland America Line’s classic style and enriching journeys, we create mutual customers for life.”
- The sales teams include strategic accounts; field sales; national account sales; trade communications and engagement; and sales planning and development (sales intelligence, sales administration, charter and incentive sales, series and wholesaler sales and international sales).
- The teams will be headed by a member of the new sales leadership team, which includes Michele Sutter, director of strategic account sales; Christine Stevens, senior director of field sales; Charles Dunwoody, senior director of national account sales for North America; Rob Coleman, senior director of sales planning and development; and Denella Richard, senior director of trade communications and engagement.
- In addition to the newly created channel sales area, HAL has formed a new strategic accounts team that reports to Sutter. Nate Burdulis and Tara Schreiner are senior managers of strategic accounts, and Amy Barnett is senior sales representative of strategic accounts.
- Sales territories across North America were reconfigured to maximize performance, and business development managers (BDMs) will focus on accounts in their new region. To provide guidance and additional supervision, four senior managers of field sales were appointed to oversee the BDMs in their territory: Jackie Day, western; Cathy Larson, central; Lucy Owen, eastern; and Tami Normann, Canada.
What They Are Saying:
“We’ve seen a lot of exciting changes to our brand in recent years, and as we evolve as a company, our commitment to our travel partners remains the same, yet our level of support is growing immensely,” said Eva Jenner, vice president of sales for HAL. “We launched our new trade promise, Committed to Your Success, to officially put it in writing and make sure our partners know we’ll do everything possible to help them succeed. Our sales leadership team and all of the talented members of our department are dedicated to building on this promise.”