Signature will be subsidizing an app for its members. // © 2016 iStock
During Signature Travel Network’s recent annual Sales Meeting & Trade Show in Las Vegas, the member-owned travel cooperative announced that for 2017 it will substantially underwrite the member cost associated with its custom-designed Pocket Travel Consultant application, powered by Axus Travel App, as well as improve its capabilities. Signature’s investment will reduce the annual price of Pocket Travel Consultant to as low as $20 per consultant — a significant reduction from the regular price for a consultant seat with Axus, which costs more than $240 per year.
Why It Matters:
Now there’s no excuse for Signature members not to use Pocket Travel Consultant. The mobile itinerary platform combines travel itineraries and destination information in one place and allows agents and clients to communicate within the app before and during a trip. It can be a true relationship-strengthener for agents, who can wow clients with an easy-to-use app that holds all their important travel information.
- The announcement took place during Signature Travel Network’s annual Sales Meeting & Trade Show, which was held Dec. 9-11 at Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino in Las Vegas.
- Pocket Travel Consultant uses AXUS Travel App’s technology and interface to provide mobile itinerary management for travel advisors, both in the planning stages and during a client’s trip.
- Signature will reduce the annual price of its Pocket Travel Consultant app to as low as $20 per travel consultant. A consultant seat with AXUS is more than $240 annually.
- Signature has additionally invested in Pocket Travel Consultant by building an auto-import from ClientBase, its members’ CRM tool. Signature's destination guides, cruise itineraries, hotel descriptions, images and amenities have also been added to the app.
- The initiative is part of Signature’s focus on expanding its mobile technology program by investing in new tools, refining existing products and committing to making resources more affordable for members.
- Pocket Travel Consultant was originally launched in 2011, and then relaunched with Axus in 2015. It features thousands of itineraries created in by Signature members on a monthly basis. The platform combines travel itineraries and destination information into one streamlined program, in addition to integrating air, hotel and car rental reservations. Through the app, clients can communicate directly with advisors before and during a trip, as well as enable push notifications for schedule changes, important announcements regarding security and weather updates. Users can also view past itineraries, collaborate with their consultant about future plans and share information with friends and family.
What They Are Saying:
“I am thrilled that we are able to make this application more accessible to members while at the same time improving its content,” said Alex Sharpe, president and CEO of Signature. “Pocket Travel Consultant is such a valuable tool for savvy travelers, and I’m proud to say that this unique version is only available through Signature travel consultants, making their services truly one-of-a-kind within the travel industry.”
“I hope this change enables 100 percent of our consultants to engage,” said Karen Yeates, executive vice president of information technologies for Signature.