The Four Seasons Jet will take its first flight in February 2015. // © 2014 Four Seasons Jet
Four Seasons’ New Fully Branded Private Jet, the Four Seasons Jet
Why It Matters:
Beloved travel brands are holding onto their core values and core customers, but taking them along for new adventures. Four Seasons’ move to charter its own totally retrofitted jet — featuring individually handcrafted leather flatbed seats, globally inspired menus designed by Four Seasons chefs, signature Four Seasons service and global in-flight Wi-Fi access — is not just a move to consider the future of luxury travel as the brand claims. The Four Seasons Jet is part of a larger travel trend that spans the hotel, tour and cruise industries as well (such as with Whole Foods’ Whole Journeys tours and Virgin’s Virgin Hotels and Virgin Cruises).
- The Four Seasons Jet will take its first flight in February 2015.
- Each trip has a maximum of 52 guests.
- Everything is included: All overnight stays at Four Seasons properties, planned excursions and air travel and ground transportation.
- Four Seasons is partnering with TCS Expeditions on elements of the tour operation.
- Reservations are open for the following three trips:
- Around the World, February 2015: A 24-day, nine-destination journey that includes a private jet stop at the Taj Mahal. Begins at $119,000 per person.
- Backstage with the Arts, April 2014: A 16-day, six-city backstage tour of museums in Milan, Prague, St. Petersburg, Paris and more. Begins at $69,000 per person.
- Around the World, August 2015: A 24-day trip where travelers learn how to make sushi in Tokyo, go on an hot-air-balloon safari in the Serengeti and more. Begins at $119,000 per person.
What They Are Saying:
“The decision to offer one-of-a-kind trips aboard a custom-designed Four Seasons Jet reflects an understanding of our guests’ evolving needs and preferences,” said Susan Helstab, executive vice president marketing for Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts. “It recognizes their desire to pair adventure and discovery with the luxury of a fully immersive Four Seasons experience.”