Viking’s Land Extensions include handpicked hotel accommodations and a walking tour. // © Viking Cruises
Viking Cruises has announced six additional Explore More land extensions for 2014 to enable Viking guests to extend their stay and enhance their time abroad with the guidance of Viking Concierges in each hotel.
“Our Concierges are friendly, local experts whose assistance ensures that our guests have the same warm, personal Viking experience on land as they do onboard, while seeing the city in interesting new ways,” said Torstein Hagen, Viking’s chairman.
All extensions begin with a walking tour to familiarize guests with the area and include handpicked hotel accommodations. New extensions for 2014 include:
- Bruges (three nights, available with Rhine Getaway). Recently named one of Conde Nast Traveler’s most popular cities in Europe, Bruges offers some of Europe’s finest dining, among medieval houses, charming bridges and beautiful canals. Prices start at $699.
- Krakow (three nights, available with Elegant Elbe, from $699). In addition to exploring one of Poland’s oldest cities long hidden behind the Iron Curtain, a Viking Concierge can help guests plan a visit to nearby Auschwitz or the fascinating Wieliczka Salt Mine. Prices start at $699.
- Nuremberg (two nights, available with Romantic Danube). Guests will take a guided tour of the historic Nuremberg Castle, and Viking Concierges can help them plan a visit to the Germanische National Museum or a nearby brauhaus to experience an authentic German beer hall. Prices start at $399.
- French Riviera (three nights, available with Portraits of Southern France or France’s Finest). Guests can take in the glamour of Nice with a guided tour of the coastal resort town, then relax on the beach in nearby St. Tropez, Cannes or Monaco with customized arrangements made by their Viking Concierge. Prices start at $799 per person.
- The Hague (two nights, available with Tulips & Windmills). Following a guided tour of The Hague, guests can have their Viking Concierge arrange for visits to local art collections that showcase 17th-century Dutch Masters like Vermeer and Rembrandt or modern works by Monet, Mondrian and Picasso. Rates begin at $499.
- Lake Geneva (three nights, available with Rhine Getaway). Guests will enjoy Montreux, one of the loveliest resorts on Lake Geneva, and their Viking Concierge can provide a custom plan for a Swiss Riviera wine tour or a ride on the Golden Pass train through beautiful Alpine scenery. Prices begin at $799.