Yosemite has a new lodging option for visitors. // © 2015 iStock
Outdoor enthusiasts will now be able to book a stay at Rush Creek Lodge, Yosemite National Park’s newest resort. Reservations can be made for travel beginning June 15, 2016.
Why It Matters:
Although the Yosemite region hasn’t seen a new resort in more than 25 years, Rush Creek Lodge’s timing couldn’t be more perfect. The property is accepting its first bookings as the travel industry wraps up another year of steady growth, and just before we head into 2016 — the National Park Services’ 100th Anniversary year. It’s a well-planned recipe guaranteed to produce a sweet outcome for both the lodge’s guests and the agents who book them. To coincide with the centennial, those who book a stay before the end of the year will receive a $100 lodge credit through the resort’s “Find Your Park” promotion.
- The resort will have 143 guestrooms, suites and hillside villas.
- The “Find Your Park” $100 Lodge Credit for 2016 is available to those who book stays before the end of 2015.
- The resort is located on 20 acres of wooded land near Yosemite National Park.
- The resort will have meeting and event space for up to 250 people, and will also offer customized activity packages for groups.
- The resort is named a Certified B Corporation, given to properties that meet specific sustainability and environmental performance standards.
What They Are Saying:
“We are thrilled to welcome visitors to experience Rush Creek Lodge, and we are honored to have the opportunity to build a resort worthy of this incredible National Park,” said Lee Zimmerman, a Rush Creek owner. “Our guests will have an amazing time at our very special lodge. Not only will they have unparalleled access to all parts of Yosemite, they will also get to enjoy the fun-filled array of amenities and activities we have created at Rush Creek for adults and kids alike.”