Hotel Indigo San Diego Gaslamp Quarter
Located in the city’s dining and entertainment district, Hotel Indigo San Diego Gaslamp Quarter is the first hotel in San Diego to be LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) certified.
In keeping with the Hotel Indigo brand’s commitment to the environment, sustainable green building and development practices were incorporated into the design, construction and operation of the new 12-story Hotel Indigo San Diego.
According to the hotel, green elements include:
• A green roof
• Drought-tolerant plants
• The world’s first installation of Moisture Shield composite decking, made from recycled polyethylene plastic and recycled wood fibers
• A garden featuring herbs that will be used in gourmet menu items
• Operable floor-to-ceiling windows
• An on-site recycling program
• Pantry and kitchen composting of organic matter
• Reserved parking spaces and parking discounts for guests who drive low-emitting and fuel-efficient vehicles
Aside from being environmentally friendly, locally-inspired artwork helps make Hotel Indigo aesthetically pleasing. Large-scale photographic murals of native plants and water-driven images decorate the walls of guestrooms and public areas.
All 210 guestrooms feature plush bedding, hard-surface flooring and spa-inspired showers. They also come with a 37-inch flat-screen television, alarm clock radio and a Keurig coffee-maker. Wi-Fi is available throughout the hotel and there is a 24-hour fitness studio and meditation deck on the ninth floor.
Hotel Indigo’s Phi Bar and Bistro serves gourmet dishes based on fresh, local seasonal ingredients and the rooftop bar features a reflection pool, fire pits, lounge seating and views of the cityscape and baseball games at PETCO Park.