Kahala Hotel & Resort
The Kahala Hotel & Resort has scored a meetings industry hat-trick with a 2008 Gold Key Award from Meetings & Conventions
Magazine and a Pinnacle Award from Successful Meetings
magazine. These, combined with the Smart Meetings'
Platinum Choice Award received last November, show the legendary resort is re-asserting its reputation as one of the world's finest meeting properties.
"We just completed a $50 million renovation of all of our guest rooms and public spaces, including over 11,500 square feet of meeting space. These refreshed spaces, an ideal beachfront location in Honolulu and our staff's dedicated service, exemplify why The Kahala continues to be the perfect place for meetings and groups," said John Blanco, the managing director at The Kahala. "Both Meetings & Conventions and Successful Meetings magazines are highly respected publications and we are honored to receive these awards."
For more than 30 years Meetings & Conventions readers have been awarding deserving properties, catering departments and convention and visitors bureaus (CVBs) with M&C Gold Awards. The Gold Key Award is bestowed upon the world's finest meeting properties.
Successful Meetings' Pinnacle Awards recognize conference centers, hotels and CVBs, as chosen and reviewed by meeting planners, for their commitment to hospitality excellence. Pinnacle Award winners consistently deliver unparalleled superiority in both the service and quality of their facilities.
Award-winning aspects of The Kahala's meeting facilities include:
• 23,000+ sq. ft. of indoor and outdoor function space with banquet facilities and boardrooms for groups up to 450
• Enhancements to over 11,500 square feet of ballroom and meeting space, including a complete décor redo from floor to ceiling
• Unparalleled views of the Pacific Ocean, white sand beach, dolphins and spa provide an inspiring atmosphere.
• Executive business center on site
• Signature Meeting Breaks provide energizing alternatives to motivate the mind after hours of meetings; options include a Splash! Dolphin Encounter, CHI Energy & Fitness Break, a Spa-tacular Break and a Gifts of Hawaii Break.
• Expert catering and conference services staff able to cater to any and all requests
• In 2009, the addition of 6'x9' LCD video walls in both ballrooms will allow for seamless displays of images and presentations.
The Kahala's meeting spaces and ballrooms now reflect new design accents. Hand carved tables, armoires and hutches enhance the event space with one-of-a-kind furnishings. Carved wood panels and damask wallpaper harmonize for a traditional, formal Hawaiian elegance while custom designed chandeliers and island inspired shell mosaic artwork provide captivating focal points.
The Kahala's Presidential Suite now better serves dignitaries with an office/conference room, drop-down projection screen, a wet bar built into the library wall and a conference table. Presidential Suite amenities include a 24/7 Presidential Suite Aide, limousines, spa treatments, daily in-suite cocktails and pupus and more.
Meeting planners and groups can experience The Kahala's refreshed meeting spaces and new rooms while saving by booking the resort's "Shouldn't You Get Credit?" promotion by March 31, 2009. Groups can receive savings from 5-10 percent of actualized room revenues and a 10 percent discount on banquet food and beverage services by booking early (savings are dependent upon room nights booked). Also available are Suite Meeting Packages with top level service and VIP amenities.
The 338-room Kahala has five restaurants including the award-winning Hoku's, a spa, and a lagoon that is home to six Atlantic bottlenose dolphins. The resort is a member of The Leading Hotels of the World and Preferred Hotels. In 2009, The Kahala celebrates 45 years as one of Hawaii's top resort destinations.