Shore Lodge Resort // (c) 2010 Shore Lodge Resort
The family-friendly Shore Lodge resort in McCall, Idaho, is introducing a kid’s camp this summer. Camp Sharlie (named after a mythical sea serpent local legend says inhabits neighboring Payette Lake) is open June 14 through Labor Day weekend and offers recreational opportunities that encourage physical and mental development among participants.
Activities at Camp Sharlie include swimming, hiking, tennis, golf, field games, orienteering, martial arts, kite flying, arts and crafts and other pursuits that foster physical, mental and creative fun. Many activities will take place at the resort’s private sandy beach, which boasts a water trampoline and full-service marina where guests can take sailing lessons and rent ski boats, canoes, single and tandem kayaks and Hobie Wave catamarans.
“Camp Sharlie is designed to spark kids’ imagination and challenge them creatively, intellectually and physically,” said Shore Lodge general manager Dan Scott. “Our certified camp counselors will encourage fun and safety while allowing kids to make new friends, try out new activities and create memories that last a lifetime. Plus our kid’s camp gives harried parents a little peace and quiet so they can explore the surrounding area on their own or simply relax and unwind at the resort.”
According to Scott, Camp Sharlie is run by Kids Entertainment, which has been providing unique day-camp experiences at top destinations since 1999. Every staff member is certified in first aid and CPR and has passed federal, state and local criminal-background checks.
Individual full-day kid’s camp passports cost $60 each, although a 10 percent discount is offered for extra siblings. The resort also offers a Camp Sharlie package that allows kids to attend free. The package costs $498 midweek and $598 on weekends and includes two night’s lodging and two full-day camp passports. The passports can be used on two separate days or for two children on the same day. Additional passports are available at discounted multi-day rates and discounted sibling rates.
Other upcoming events at the Shore Lodge include:
• Father’s Day — The resort is offering a special It’s All About Dad Father’s Day package available June 18-20. Lake-view accommodations for two nights, a round of golf at Whitetail Club and complimentary brunch for dad on Father’s Day are included. Rates are $399 and do not include taxes or resort fees. One dad per package is allowed. Extra rounds of golf are on hand at rack rate based on availability, and Sunday brunch for additional guests is available at menu pricing.
• Fourth of July — McCall’s annual Fourth of July fireworks display has become a perennial favorite for thousands of visitors. The dining establishments and Shellworth Beach at Shore Lodge offer breathtaking views of the pyrotechnics presentation launched over Payette Lake.
• USGA Amateur Qualifier at Whitetail Club — Whitetail Club is among the qualifying courses for the United States Golf Association’s national championship. The event, a U.S. Mid-Amateur Championship qualifier, is slated for Aug. 2.
• Classic Boat Show — The Payette Lakes Chapter of the Antique & Classic Boat Society is holding its fifth annual boat show Aug. 13-15 at Shore Lodge Marina. The event includes a boat parade, dinner banquet and live and silent auctions on Saturday.
In addition to its Father’s Day package, Shore Lodge is offering the following value-priced vacation packages and specials this summer:
• Golf package — Includes two nights of lake-view accommodations and two rounds of golf at Whitetail Club Sundays through Thursdays from June 1 to Oct. 15 with rates ranging from $299-548 depending on dates and length of stay.
• Par or Pamper package — Perfect for couples or a couple of best friends, this package lets guests play a round of golf at Whitetail Club or relax at the spa. It includes two nights of lake-view accommodations, plus guests can choose either two rounds of golf, two 60-minute massages or one of each. The package is available June through mid-October with rates ranging from $469-$569 depending on dates.
• Pontoon and Paddle package — Enjoy a cruise to North Beach on Payette Lake via Shore Lodge’s new pontoon boat and then take to the waters of the Upper Payette River on your own with one of the resort’s new canoes or kayaks. The package, which must be booked in conjunction with lodging and requires a minimum of four guests, costs $100 per person and includes the half-day trip to and from North Beach, use of a canoe or kayak and lunch.
Established in 1948 and nestled on the sandy shores of Payette Lake, the iconic Shore Lodge is a premiere resort in central Idaho and a quintessential mountain retreat. Having completed a major renovation in 2009, the property and its amenities include Whitetail Club, an 18-hole, 1,200-acre, private golf course designed by U.S. Open winner Andy North. In addition, Shore Lodge is near three major river systems and only five miles from world-class skiing and 20 miles of mountain bike trails at Brundage Mountain.
Shore Lodge Resort