Non-Albuquerque residents are eligible to win a trip to the famous Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta. // © 2012 Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta
The Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta returns on Oct. 6-14 for its 41st year. The festival, which has grown to more than 500 balloons floating above central New Mexico, has become a popular fall getaway for photographers as well as families.
Guests vying to see the colorful and multi-shaped balloons up-close can enter the Balloon Fiesta Sweepstakes through Sept. 16. The trip for two is valued at $3,210 and includes:
• Three nights stay at the Albuquerque Marriott Pyramid North
• Hot air balloon ride with Rainbow Ryders, Inc. Hot Air Balloon Company on Oct. 10
• Three days admission to the Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta with VIP access to the Gondola Club Hospitality Suite
• Two tickets to Disney’s “The Lion King Broadway Musical” at Popejoy Hall on Thursday, Oct. 11
• Admission to the Anderson-Abruzzo Albuquerque International Balloon Museum
• Two official Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta jackets
• Rental car from Payless Car Rental
• $200 Visa Card to be used for airfare, gas or shopping
The balloon festival package is only available Oct. 9–12, with hotel stay for the nights of Oct. 9, 10 and 11. The balloon ride is only valid on Oct. 10 and “The Lion King” tickets are only valid at 1 p.m. on Oct. 11.