Travel to Portland this spring is all about savings. The new Portland Perks program -- formerly the Big Deal -- packs a lot of added value into Portland hotel stays booked through the Travel Portland website.
The offer includes complimentary parking (an average savings of $25 per night at downtown hotels), continental breakfast for two each morning, and discounts at dining, shopping, arts and entertainment establishments. The Portland Perks coupon book, which is given to guests at check-in, encompasses a wide range of discounts, including:
• Two-for-one entrees at Saucebox restaurant and Thirst Wine Bar and Bistro
• 20 percent off purchases at Columbia Sportswear
• A complimentary chocolate-tasting kit from Cacao
• Two-for-one admission at the Oregon Historical Society, Pittock Mansion, Portland Classical Chinese Garden and Portland Art Museum
• Two-for-one tickets to Artists Repertory Theatre, Portland Center Stage, Oregon Symphony and NW Film Center
• More than 30 other offers
For a limited time, visitors who book a hotel room at select hotels through the Travel Portland website will receive a $75 American Express Gift Card at check-in (minimum two-night stay required). The gift card can be used at any business that accepts American Express.
To receive a gift card, visitors must book a room at a participating hotel before May 28. The gift card offer is valid for travel through May 31.