Tourism Washington has entered the world of Twitter. Meant to keep travelers in the loop about what’s new around the state, www.twitter.com/experiencewa also features great travel deals. Following are a few “Tweets” from the most recent edition:
Savor Seattle Package
Hotel Max – Package from $280 per night
• This package includes a night at Seattle’s luxury boutique Hotel Max, two tickets to the Savor Seattle tour, a food basket featuring the best that Pike Place Market has to offer and a bottle of fabulous Washington wine. The Hotel Max guest rooms feature deluxe bedding and pillow top mattresses, flat panel TVs, Aveda bath products and original artwork.
Hello Dolly Package
5th Avenue Theater – Tickets from $22
• See the beloved musical “Hello, Dolly” at Seattle’s 5th Avenue theater and receive a special room rate of $139 at Red Lion on 5th Avenue, two for one cocktails at Vessel, and $25 off dinner at Troiani Ristorante Italiano.
• Use codeword DATENIGHT when buying tickets at www.5thavenue.org.
Gourmet Getaways in Walla Walla
Various Walla Walla Inns – Package $390 per weekend
• Nestled in the heart of eastern Washington wine country, and home to some the best reds in the state, these “Gourmet Getaway” packages are the perfect culinary weekend escape during the month of March.
• Package includes: a two night stay at one of the participating Inns and a hands-on chef-instructed cooking class at one of the participating restaurants. Guests then dine on what they have prepared in the class, enjoyt two complimentary glasses of Walla Walla wine, and receive a souvenir apron.
Winter in Spokane Packages
Davenport Hotel – Getaway package starting at $249 per night
• March is the last month to take advantage of Spokane’s winter travel packages. The Getaway Package at the historic Davenport Hotel -- located in the heart of Washington’s second largest city -- includes one night accommodations, a $50 dining credit and valet parking.
Whale Watch on Whidbey Island
Inn at Langley – Rooms from $195 per night
• Stay at the Inn at Langley in a room featuring a jacuzzi with views of the Saratoga Passage waterway.
• Book the “Picnic to Go” package for $75 and borrow a picnic basket for two filled with a seasonally inspired meal to enjoy during explorations of Whidbey Island, complete with a bottle of wine and a blanket for the perfect picnic.