The 325-room W Mumbai will offer views of Mumbai’s skyline and city. It is scheduled to open in 2015. // © W Hotels Worldwide
On the heels of recent W Hotel openings in Singapore and Bangkok, W Hotels Worldwide has announced plans to more than double its Asia presence by the end of 2018, offering travelers nearly 20 W hotels in nine countries in the region.
More than half of the W brand’s global pipeline is slated for Asia Pacific, including the first W Hotel in mainland China, opening in Guangzhou later this month, followed by other China openings in Beijing, Shanghai, Changsha and Suzhou over the next five years. Additional W Hotels have been announced in India, Indonesia and Malaysia.
“Asia is a rapidly growing market, long known for exemplary, traditional service in hospitality,” said Paul James, global brand leader, W Hotels Worldwide, St. Regis and The Luxury Collection. “With each new W Hotel opening, we are able to reinvent the luxury hotel landscape, offering cutting-edge design, whatever/whenever service and insider access to what’s new and next for both our guests and locals alike.”
Many of the new properties will have W brand’s signature Wet pool, Sweat fitness center and Away Spa.
W Hotels will open eleven new properties in the Asia Pacific region by 2018, including:
• W Guangzhou Hotel & Residences (opening March 31) is located in the heart of Pearl River New Town, a new upscale district featuring luxury shopping and world-class entertainment. The hotel will have 317 contemporary guestrooms and suites, seven restaurants and bars, a spa and a state-of-the-art fitness center.
• W Beijing – Chang’an (opening 2014). Steps from the Forbidden City, vibrant Silk Market and famed Tiananmen Square, W Beijing – Chang’an will feature 340 guestrooms and suites with city views.
• The 330-room W Changsha (opening 2014) will have a gourmet restaurant, a signature indoor heated pool, a fitness center and a spa.
• W Shanghai – The Bund (opening 2014) will provide Huangpu River views and will have W brand’s signature pool, a spa and 600 rooms designed in Shanghai style.
• Located on Vagator beach on the north shore of Goa, W Retreat & Spa Goa (Opening 2015) will have 105 guestrooms amid beaches, colorful fishing communities and a vibrant nightlife scene.
• W Mumbai (opening 2015) overlooks skyscrapers, the Arabian Sea and the Mahalaxmi Racecourse. Each of the 325 guestrooms and suites will offer views of Mumbai’s skyline and city. The hotel will also provide 25,833 square feet of meeting and event space.
• W Noida – Delhi NCR (opening 2016) is located in the modern Yamunotri complex. W Noida – Delhi NCR will feature 581 guestrooms, a pool, a spa, and an elevated restaurant and bar.
• W Jakarta (opening 2016) will be the W brand’s second hotel in Indonesia, featuring 300 guestrooms, a restaurant and a bar, an outdoor pool and a spa.
• W Kuala Lumpur (opening 2016) is located in the heart of Lumpur’s Golden Triangle. The 150-room hotel will offer views of the skyline.
• Located in one of India’s most up-and-coming commercial centers, W Delhi NCR - Gurgaon WTC will offer 225 guestrooms and suites. It is scheduled to open in 2017.
• W Suzhou (opening 2017) will consist of 366 rooms and 71 serviced apartments. The hotel will offer four food and beverage venues, including a signature interactive dining restaurant. The hotel overlooks Jinji Lake and the high-rises in the ultra-modern Suzhou Industrial Park, the city’s central business district.