Curacao is offering an incentive to attract eco-conscious meeting planners. // © 2010 Hyatt Curaco
Curacao’s Hyatt Regency Curacao Golf Resort, Spa and Marina and Trinidad’s Hyatt Regency Trinidad recently announced the launch of Meet and Be Green, a new program that encourages guests and planners to make environmentally responsible choices.
For new meetings booked by Dec. 30 and held by March 31, 2011, groups participating in the Meet and Be Green program at the two Hyatt properties will be eligible for a 3 percent rebate on qualifying charges on the master bill. In order to be eligible for Meet and Be Green program, planners and meeting attendees have to make a pledge to honor these 10 steps:
• Recycle during the meeting
• Use products with 100 percent recycled content
• Print materials locally
• Minimize shipping
• Rather than setting materials at every seat, place meeting materials, such as handouts, notepads and pens in a central location so attendees can take as needed
• Maintain room temperatures at an appropriate level
• Eliminate disposable water bottles
• Minimize use of other disposable products such as plates, cups, napkins and utensils
• Select locally grown seasonal foods when planning the menu
• Plan ahead for the meeting to make it easier and more economical to keep the meeting green
Dedicated meeting planners at Hyatt Regency Curacao and Hyatt Regency Trinidad will help source products with 100 percent recycled content, find local suppliers and maximize efforts to reduce waste to create a meeting experience that exceeds expectations and helps the environment at the same time. To discuss Meet and Be Green options, meeting planners should contact the Hyatt Regency Curacao and the Hyatt Regency Trinidad sales teams.
Hyatt Regency Curacao
Hyatt Regency Trinidad