Visitors can save at Koloa Landing at Poipu Beach and other Kauai properties this fall. // © 2013 Koloa Landing at Poipu Beach
Prompted by the end of summer and the launch of the fall season, hotels in Kauai are reaching out to travelers with money-saving promotions to help fill their rooms in the coming months.
“Once the hustle and bustle of the peak summer season is over, coming to Kauai during the fall gives you a slower pace to enjoy our beautiful island,” said Kauai Visitors Bureau executive director Sue Kanoho. “Some properties offer fall getaway packages that provide a great value. In turn, visitors can spend their savings on some of the many activities Kauai offers, from zip lining and kayaking to scenic boat rides and air tours.”
Following are a few suggestions on getting the most for your money at hotels around the island this fall.
Cliffs at Princeville
North Shore Pre-Christmas special, from $199 per night
Fresh from a $5 million makeover, the condominium resort is offering nightly discounted rates of:
- 199 for a one-bedroom suite
- 230 for a one-bedroom suite with loft
A five-night minimum is required. The offer is good from Sept. 20 to Dec. 20, and units are run of house.
Hanalei Colony Resort
North Shore Experience package, from $2,475 for two people
Presenting multiple options for exploring one of the island’s most picturesque regions, the package provides:
- One hiking-oriented gift basket, including a Kauai hiking guide book
- One guided tour for two at nearby Limahuli Garden and Preserve
- One picnic basket lunch for two
- One self-guided Hanalei River kayak excursion for two
- One zip line and waterfall tour for two
The package is available for five or seven-night bookings in an ocean-view suite, with the seventh night free. Rates are good through Dec. 31.
Kauai Marriott Resort
Fun in the Sun package, from $265 per nightHugging Kalapaki Beach, the resort features a new package encouraging outdoor explorations with:
- Two sun-protective shirts
- One bottle of Ocean Potion sunscreen
- Two pool floats for a day
- Two tropical drinks per stay
- $5 off stand up paddleboard rentals after a lesson
- $15 off per couple on a kayak tour
- Free golf rounds for guests 17 years old and under when accompanied by a paying adult
A minimum three-night stay is required on this special offer, good through Dec. 31.
Koloa Landing at Poipu Beach
Save Kauai promotion, from $249 per nightClients who limit their towel, trash, soap and room cleanings to every three days receive:
- One $50 credit good for groceries, sundries, beach rentals and more
- One “I Saved Kauai” bracelet providing special discounts at the neighboring Shops at Kukuiula Village
Plantation Hale Suites
Third Night Free promotion, from $199 per night
For a limited time, this boutique hotel on Kauai’s Royal Coconut Coast is offering:
- The third night free in a newly remodeled deluxe suite with a full kitchen
The offer is valid through Oct. 31, with promo code “TNF.”
Sheraton Kauai Resort
Mau Loa package, from $417 per night
Named after the Hawaiian word for forever, this romance package includes:
- Chocolate-covered strawberries and champagne upon check-in
- Convertible rental car for the duration of the stay
- One private bungalow dinner for two overlooking Poipu Beach
- One-day use of a private, oceanfront poolside bungalow
A minimum four-night stay is required, with travel dates through Dec. 25.