Sunset at the Palms is well known for its treehouse-style guestrooms. // © 2013 Sunset Resorts
Sunset at the Palms Resort in Negril, Jamaica is becoming an adults-only, all-inclusive resort effective Dec. 24, when reservations will be accepted only for guests 18 years or older. All existing reservations after Dec. 24, with children 17 years and under, will be offered relocation to a Sunset Resorts Jamaica property of their choice, or a resort that is comparable in rating and rates.
“This decision was made based on overwhelming requests from our loyal and satisfied guests,” said Ian Kerr, managing director for Sunset Resorts.
Sunset at the Palms is well known for its 85 treehouse-style guestrooms, which garnered praise for their interior design from Architectural Digest. The beachfront resort has a pool, tennis courts, three restaurants and a cappuccino bar. Amenities include select complimentary excursions, complimentary Internet access in the lobby and Internet center and nightly turndown service. The resort’s spa, the Treatment Garden, offers a selection of couples massage therapy and spa treatments at additional charge.
In addition to the new adults-only policy at Sunset at the Palms, the following amenities are being added to the all-inclusive resort offerings:
- Upgraded guestroom amenities
- Robes and slippers in guestrooms
- In-room refrigerator stocked daily with bottled water, soft drinks and local beer
- Addition of premium brands to the three all-inclusive bars
- Chef's Table "In the Bush” dining is available for select nights per week, featuring authentic local cuisines and produce from the gardens, hosted by a celebrity chef.
- Afternoon mimosa hour, before dinner service
- Upgraded private beach facilities with chic cabanas, chaise lounges, beach huts and open-air massage areas
- New cabanas and hammocks in the tropical gardens
- Complimentary vouchers available for guests’ shopping and entertainment activities
All-inclusive land only rates start at $266 per room per night, based on double occupancy, for travel Nov. 1 through Dec. 23; and $430 per room per night, based on double occupancy, as part of the resort's Winter Early Booking special. Book by Oct. 31.