Cruise Lines International Association (CLIA) has announced its new Travel Agent Advisory Board (TAAB), which will serve the association from 2010 to 2012. Created in 2004 to provide a strategic travel agent perspective on cruise industry issues and trends, TAAB members represent the entire spectrum of cruise selling operations, from independent home-based retailers to online agencies and major brick-and-mortar travel retailers. Members also serve as CLIA spokespersons on the occasions when media request a travel agent viewpoint.
“We are deeply indebted to the professional travel agents who consent to serve on the TAAB,” said Terry Dale, CLIA’s president and CEO. “Their expertise and experience in selling cruises provide CLIA’s member lines with invaluable insight and direction as the TAAB plays a major role in shaping our business strategies going forward.”
The TAAB members for 2010-2012 are:
• Jeri Amstutz, Signature Travel Network, Marina Del Rey, Calif.
• Jeff Anderson, America’s Vacation Center, Escondido, Calif.
• Richard Bravo, AAA Southern Cal, Costa Mesa, Calif.
• Terri Burke, Cruise Planners, Coral Springs, Fla.
• Jerry Burns, Fairfield Travel, Fayeteville, Ga.
• Mike Drever, CruiseShip Center West Canada, Vancouver, B.C.
• Sunni Drisgill, BTS Cruise Center of Baltimore, Baltimore, Md.
• Jackie Friedman, Nexion, Southland, Texas
• Alexander Goldman, Travelocity, Andover, Mass.
• Jo Kling, Landry & Kling, Coral Gables, Fla.
• Joan Lacy, Lacey’s Cruise World, Charlotte, N.C.
• Carol Mac Kay, TPI Canada, Langley, B.C.
• Elda Maldonado, One World Cruises, Pinecrest, Fla.
• Margarita Navarette, American Express, Miramar, Fla.
• Wilma Marie Ross, Bytown Travel, Ottawa, Ontario
• Mark Schiffner, Cruise Holidays, Eden Prairie, Minn.
• Annie Scrivanich, Cruise Advisors, Seattle, Wash.
• Linda Taylor, Classic Soul Cruise & Travel, Los Angeles
• Uf Tukel, WMPH, Delray Beach, Fla.
• Karin Viera, Vacation.com, Alexandria, Va.
• Janet Vigilante, Anchors Away World Cruise Specialist, West Palm Beach, Fla.
• Dwain Wall, CruiseOne/Cruises Inc., Ft. Lauderdale, Fla.
• Makis Xenatos, Liberty Travel, Ramsey, N.J.