TravelAge West’s First Place photograph in 2012 was this portrait of a Peruvian artisan by Nathan DePetris. // (c) 2012 Nathan DePetris
We love photographs that inspire wanderlust and highlight the unique, insider experiences that travel agents offer.
TravelAge West has begun accepting entries for its third annual Reader Photo Contest. Travel agent readers are invited to submit their best original travel photography. Winners will receive cash prizes and have their photos published in an upcoming issue of TravelAge West.
“Each year, we become more amazed at the quality of our travel agent readers’ original photographs,” said Kenneth Shapiro, Editor-in-Chief. “Having an eye for photography seems to be related to being able to curate and craft exceptional experiences when traveling.”
Editors at the magazine will consider photograph quality — composition, lighting and other aesthetic elements — as well as the subject matter and the originality of the photograph.
The winning photograph will receive a $200 American Express gift card and will be featured in an upcoming cover of TravelAge West. Second and third place contestants will receive $100 American Express gift cards and will be featured in an upcoming issue of TravelAge West.
All submissions will be considered for inclusion in TravelAge West’s print, online and social media content.
- Participants must be travel agents.
- Send the highest resolution photograph possible.
- All entries must include a caption with the name of the destination and subjects photographed, as well as background information and any other relevant details.
- Participants must include contact information (name, address, phone number and email address), their agency name and their professional title.
- Only digital images will be accepted.
- Travel agents may submit up to five photographs total, but each photo submitted must include a caption and be entered in a separate e-mail.
Submission Info and Deadline
To enter, readers must email photos to Letters@travelagewest.com before Friday, Dec. 6.
TravelAge West reserves the right to use submitted photos in all formats including print content, online content, social media content, house advertisements and marketing materials. Entry in contest does not prohibit photographer contestants from using submitted photographs for their own private and commercial purposes.