Laurel Leidner of Picture Yourself Traveling placed third with this photo of a charming scene in Monteriggioni, Italy. // © 2015 Laurel Leidner
Feature image (above): Mika Azeta of BCD Travel took this photograph at the Maasai Mara National Reserve and received an honorable mention. // © 2015 Mika Azeta
We love photographs that inspire wanderlust and highlight the unique, insider experiences that travel agents offer.
Send entries to Letters@TravelAgeWest.com
Deadline: Dec. 7, 2015
TravelAge West has begun accepting entries for its fifth annual Reader Photo Contest. Travel agent readers are invited to submit their best original travel photography. Winners will receive cash prizes and have their photos published in an upcoming issue of TravelAge West.
“Travel provides such great images for photography,” says Kenneth Shapiro, Editor-in-Chief of TravelAge West. “We are so honored to be able to share some of the great images travel agents take during their travels all over the world.”
Editors at the magazine will consider photograph quality — composition, lighting and other aesthetic elements — as well as the subject matter and the originality of the photograph.
The winning photograph will receive a $200 American Express gift card and will be featured on an upcoming cover of TravelAge West. Second and third place contestants will receive $100 American Express gift cards and will be featured in an upcoming issue of TravelAge West.
All submissions will be considered for inclusion in TravelAge West’s print, online and social media content.
- Participants must be travel agents.
- Send the highest resolution photograph possible.
- All entries must include a caption with the name of the destination and subjects photographed, as well as background information and any other relevant details.
- Participants must include contact information (name, address, phone number and email address), their agency name and their professional title.
- Only digital images will be accepted.
- Travel agents may submit up to five photographs total, but each photo submitted must include a caption and be entered in a separate email.
Submission Info and Deadline:
To submit a photo, readers must email photos to Letters@TravelAgeWest.com by Monday, Dec. 7. Write “Photo Contest” in the subject line of the email.
TravelAge West reserves the right to use submitted photos in all formats including print content, online content, social media content, house advertisements and marketing materials. Entry in the contest does not prohibit photographer contestants from using submitted photographs for their own private and commercial purposes.