In fourth place was TravelAge West reader Steve Orens’ captivating image of a girl in Chiang Mai, Thailand. // © 2014 Steve Orens
Feature image (above): Sue Neukirch placed third with this stunning photo of “Antarctica on the Clipper Adventurer.” // © 2014 Sue Neukirch
to view last year's first-place entry, including the runner-ups.
We love photographs that inspire wanderlust and highlight the unique, insider experiences that travel agents offer.
Send entries to Letters@TravelAgeWest.com
Deadline: Dec. 5, 2014
TravelAge West has begun accepting entries for its fourth annual Reader Photo Contest. Travel agent readers are invited to submit their best original travel photography. Winners will receive cash prizes and have their photos published in an upcoming issue of TravelAge West.
“Travel provides such great inspiration and rich subject matter for photography,” says Kenneth Shapiro, Editor-in-Chief of TravelAge West. “It doesn’t surprise me at all that travel agents are able to capture the wonder and excitement of travel in their amazing photos.”
Editors at the magazine will consider photograph quality — composition, lighting and other aesthetic elements — as well as the subject matter and the originality of the photograph.
The winning photograph will receive a $200 American Express gift card and will be featured on an upcoming cover of TravelAge West. Second and third place contestants will receive $100 American Express gift cards and will be featured in an upcoming issue of TravelAge West.
All submissions will be considered for inclusion in TravelAge West’s print, online and social media content.
- Participants must be travel agents.
- Send the highest resolution photograph possible.
- All entries must include a caption with the name of the destination and subjects photographed, as well as background information and any other relevant details.
- Participants must include contact information (name, address, phone number and email address), their agency name and their professional title.
- Only digital images will be accepted.
- Travel agents may submit up to five photographs total, but each photo submitted must include a caption and be entered in a separate email.
Submission Info and Deadline
To submit a photo, readers must email photos to Letters@TravelAgeWest.com by Friday, Dec. 5. Write “Photo Contest” in the subject line of the email.
TravelAge West reserves the right to use submitted photos in all formats including print content, online content, social media content, house advertisements and marketing materials. Entry in contest does not prohibit photographer contestants from using submitted photographs for their own private and commercial purposes.