Several new apps for Israel visitors make traveling through the country even easier. // © Mindy Poder
Travelers throughout Israel now have access to a number of apps and technological tools, making the country’s tourism offerings easier than ever to access. The latest technology travel tools include the following:
- The Jerusalem Development Authority has launched new self-guided digital JerusaleMP3 walking tours of the Old City’s historical, religious and cultural sites. The free digital tours come with maps and written explanations, designed to enrich the sightseeing experience.
- Travelers in Tel Aviv and Jerusalem can instantly order a cab, track its route and pay with their credit card, with the free GetTaxi app that recently launched in Israel.
- The Tour Haifa app offers travelers up-to-date information on top tourism attractions and cultural events in Haifa, including details on art exhibits, museum openings, restaurant recommendations and more.
- LGBT-interested travelers in Tel Aviv will benefit from several new apps. Tel Aviv Gay Vibe offers information on special events and LGBT bars, restaurants and clubs, while TLV Scene provides exclusive benefits and free entrance to LGBT parties and clubs.
- The Visit TLV Tourism app offers images and descriptions of top attractions in Tel Aviv, plus up-to-date listings of events taking place throughout the city, including street parties, concerts, exhibitions, city tours, cultural attractions, hotels, museums, beaches and more.
- From the Western Wall Heritage Foundation, the iKotel app lets travelers view live webcams of Jerusalem’s Western Wall, or Kotel, before arriving in Israel. The app also offers virtual tours of the Western Wall Tunnels, tour options in Jerusalem and more.