While the travel industry has made strides in such critical areas as sustainability and initiatives around diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI), there is still plenty of room for improvement. In this episode of Travel Talk, leaders from throughout Northstar Travel Group discuss both how far the industry has come and where further efforts could be made.
The panelists discuss recent research on interest in sustainability in the leisure and meetings markets and the power that corporate travel managers have to make change through their purchase power. The group also discusses how demands from both consumers and employees is driving greater efforts around both sustainability and DEI, and shifting expectations around diversity and accessibility when it comes to corporate events.
The panelists for this episode of Travel Talk include:
- Mary Pat Sullivan, Executive Vice President of Marketing for Northstar Travel Group, and the panel’s moderator
- Rebecca Tobin, Managing Editor, Travel Weekly
- Eric Bowman, Executive Editor, TravelPulse
- Kenneth Shapiro, Publisher/Editor in Chief, TravelAge West
- Jason Gewirtz, Vice President, Sports Division, Northstar Meetings Group; Executive Editor and Publisher, SportsTravel
- Elizabeth West, Editorial Director, BTN Group
- Loren Edelstein, Vice President, Content Director, Northstar Meetings Group
- Mitra Sorrells, Editor in Chief, PhocusWire
Watch the video above to learn more about the travel industry’s efforts in the areas of DEI and sustainability.