Sign Up for Our Daily Newsletter
The Third Annual Sunset Strip Music Festival (SSMF), taking place Aug. 26-28, will kick off on Thursday, Aug. 26, at the House of Blues with a tribute to this year’s honoree, Slash — best known for his work with Guns N’ Roses — for his contributions to the history of the Sunset Strip as well as the music industry. The Sunset Strip, which begins and ends in West Hollywood, Calif., is legendary for its rock n’ roll roots. The culmination of the SSMF is a street festival on Saturday, which will be headlined by the world-famous band, The Smashing Pumpkins.
A weekend-long celebration of the Sunset Strip, the SSMF will feature live performances in all six of its music venues — Cat Club, House of Blues, Key Club, The Roxy Theatre, Viper Room and Whisky A Go-Go. Closing the legendary Strip for the second time in its history, Saturday’s festival includes a street closure from San Vicente Boulevard to Doheny Drive allowing for outdoor stages as well as live performances throughout the day and night in the music venues.
At just 1.9 square miles in size, West Hollywood is centrally located and completely walkable. The Sunset Strip is easily accessed from each of the city’s 14 hotels.
• The London West Hollywood, located directly behind the Viper Room in the heart of all the action, is offering rates from $269 per night including breakfast for two and two tickets to the Sunset Strip Music Festival on Saturday.
• Sunset Marquis Hotel & Villas, an epicenter of rock and roll history, having served as safe haven for the famous, the infamous and the nearly so, for nearly five decades, is offering a special SSMF rate of $250 per night for the Superior One Bedroom Suite. This rate is inclusive of daily American breakfast and parking, as well as two tickets to the street festival. The rate is valid Aug. 27-28; guests must contact the reservations department directly and mention the SSMF rate.
• Le Parc Suites Hotel is a charming residential-style hotel long known as the place where artists, their crews and others connected with the music industry stay when performing and recording at all of L.A.’s renowned venues. The hotel’s SSMF package includes two tickets to the SSMF, complimentary glass of wine following check-in and 15 percent off lunch or dinner from Knoll, delivered in-suite, or served al fresco on the Rooftop Sky Deck. The package rate is $239 for single or double occupancy in a Studio King Suite per night.
• Chamberlain West Hollywood is a newly redesigned boutique hotel nestled on a tranquil, tree-lined street, just steps from the excitement of the Sunset Strip. The hotel’s Sunset Strip Music Festival Package includes suite accommodations (room rate and tax), two tickets to the festival’s Saturday street festival, a bottle of Jack Daniels, a bottle of Handbanger Rock N Red Wine and one copy of Slash’s debut solo album. The two-night package (Friday and Saturday) starts at $820; the three-night package (Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights) start at $1,150. The Chamberlain is also offering a Room+Ticket package that includes two nights in a premier one-bedroom suite, plus two tickets for SSMF, for $720 plus tax.
• The Ramada Plaza Hotel is conveniently located in the heart of West Hollywood amongst the outdoor cafes and fine dining of Santa Monica Boulevard. For SSMF, the hotel is offering attendees a special rate of $129 per night (15 percent off the hotel’s regular rate), as well as two tickets to Saturday’s street festival.
Festival tickets cost $49.50 in advance and $65 at the box office the day of the event. VIP tickets, which include access to a private tented area with full no-host bar and seating area, are available for $100 in advance. A limited number of three-day VIP passes (which include entrance to Slash’s tribute on Aug. 26, the clubs all three nights and access to a VIP tent at the festival are $250. There will also be individual ticket sales for The Sunset Strip clubs on Thursday and Friday nights.