Get Us in Your Inbox
TravelAge West has begun accepting entries for its seventh annual Reader Photo Contest. Travel agent readers are invited to submit their best original travel photography. Winners will receive cash prizes and have their photos published in an upcoming issue of TravelAge West.
“We’re always amazed when we see the quality of the photos submitted by our readers,” said Kenneth Shapiro, Editor-in-Chief of TravelAge West. “Apparently, travel agents are not just great at planning trips — they are very artistic as well.”
Editors at the magazine will consider photograph quality — composition, lighting and other aesthetic elements — as well as the subject matter and the originality of the photograph.
The winning photograph will receive a $200 American Express gift card and will be featured on an upcoming cover of TravelAge West. Second and third place contestants will each receive $100 American Express gift cards and will be featured in an upcoming issue of TravelAge West. Honorable Mention winners will be published in a special issue, as well.
All submissions will be considered for inclusion in TravelAge West’s print, online and social media content.
Rules:- Participants must be travel agents.
- Send the highest-resolution photograph possible.
- All entries must include a caption with the name of the destination and subjects photographed, as well as background information and any other relevant details.
- Participants must include contact information (name, address, phone number and email address), their agency name and their professional title.
- Only digital images will be accepted.
- Travel agents may submit up to five photographs total, but each photo submitted must include a caption and be entered in a separate email.
Submission Info and Deadline:To submit a photo, readers must email photos to [email protected] by Wednesday, Nov. 8. Write “Photo Contest” in the subject line of the email.
TravelAge West reserves the right to use submitted photos in all formats including print content, online content, social media content, house advertisements and marketing materials. Entry in the contest does not prohibit the photographer from using submitted photographs for their own private and commercial purposes.