Get Us in Your Inbox
WhatPersonalization in trip planning will be more important than ever before, according to the latest Virtuoso Luxe Report, which surveyed 1,071 travel agent members about the coming year. With a focus on high-end and experiential travel, the findings reveal that clients are looking for one-of-a-kind ways to experience new destinations.
Why It MattersWhen creating the perfect trip, there’s no better person to turn to than an advisor. So, it makes sense that trends pointing to highly personalized travel include unconventional accommodations; higher ease of transportation; conservation efforts; and unique bucket-list experiences. Such travel requires deeper research and logistical planning — which advisors have down to a science.
Fast Facts- According to the 2019 Virtuoso Luxe Report, top travel trends are multigenerational travel; active or adventure trips; river cruising; luxury cruising; and celebration travel.
- Top global destinations are Italy; France; South Africa; United States; and Iceland.
- Top millennial destinations are Italy; Thailand; Iceland; South Africa; and Australia.
- Top family travel destinations are Italy; Mexico; Hawaii; Orlando, Fla.; and England.
- Top cruise itineraries are the Mediterranean; European rivers; Alaska; Caribbean; and Greek Isles.
- Top emerging destinations are Japan; Croatia; Iceland; Portugal; and Egypt.
- Top adventure destinations are South Africa; Iceland; New Zealand; Galapagos Islands; and Costa Rica.
- Top cities are Paris; Rome and New York City (tie); Cape Town; London; and Tokyo.
- Top honeymoon destinations are Italy; Maldives; French Polynesia; Maui; and France.
- Top travel motivations are exploring new destinations; crossing off bucket-list items; seeking authentic experiences; rest and relaxation; and spending time or reconnecting with loved ones.