Get Us in Your Inbox
What:Industry newcomers now have access to Advice From the Experts, The Travel Institute’s new 10-week Web series that includes live presentations from industry veterans. Sessions will run from Feb. 17 to April 20 and are free for members.
Why It Matters:Top-notch job training plays a large part in jumpstarting a successful career — which, in turn, leads to a stronger business down the road. The Travel Institute takes this to the next level by providing Advice From the Experts at no cost to members — a win for both employees and their employers. Not only will webinar attendees gain insight into some of the key fundamentals of the industry — sessions cover a wide range of topics, such as “Setting Yourself Apart from the Competition,” “The Keys to Making Money in Travel” and “Choosing Your Niche” — but they will also have opportunities to interact with some of the industry’s biggest players via a Q&A session at the end of each lecture.
Fast Facts:- Advice From the Experts runs for 10 weeks, from Feb. 17, to April 20, 2016
- Each webinar lasts 45-minutes to an hour, and will be led by industry experts who are part of The Travel Institute’s Professional Educators Program
- Sessions are free for members, and costs $19.99 for non-members
- Advanced registration is required, as space is limited for each webinar
- Attendees are not required to sign up for all 10 sessions, and material is not cumulative
- The lineup for the series, along with full descriptions of each session, can be found online at the Travel Institute website.
What They Are Saying:“Although we are committed to life-long education for all travel professionals, the Advice from the Experts series is designed for those individuals new to the industry,” said Patty Noonan, CTC, director of sales. “We are very excited about the series, and not just because we’re the only organization offering such a program, but also because it’s geared for the future of our industry – the next generation of travel professionals.”
“The series is also a turnkey solution for agency owners and managers who are training new employees. Focusing on these business fundamentals early on in their career sets them up for success and prepares them for their next stage of their business – especially when each learning session is led by one of our industry experts,” said training director Guida Botelho, CTA.