Get Us in Your Inbox
WhatYankee Leisure Group (YLG), the parent company of rail vacation providers Amtrak Vacations and Railbookers, has announced the brands’ foray into Canada for 2020. Cris David will be vice president of sales and will oversee the introduction of the brands in the Canadian market.
Why It MattersThis expansion will allow YLG to better serve both Canada-based travel agents and their clients, and is a direct result of increased demand from the market. If you haven’t discussed the option of rail-based leisure travel with your clients, now may be the time to do so.
Fast Facts- In addition to booking rail, YLG’s team of Rail Experts can organize pre- or post-river cruise train trips, multicountry itineraries, long-distance overnight journeys and more.
- Both agents and consumers can book with Amtrak Vacations and Railbookers with Canadian dollars.
- Advisors can book rail vacations up to two years in advance and have access to instant quotes.
- The brand offers more than 3,000 products in 51 countries and 690 cities.
- Cris David has previously worked as president of the guided vacation brands Contiki Holidays Canada and Insight Vacations Canada.
- Both brands will distribute 2020 brochures featuring short- and long-haul products and experiences.
What They Are Saying“We are thrilled to launch our Railbookers and Amtrak Vacations brands in the Canadian market and are looking forward to having Cris David as our vice president of sales in Canada to lead the effort,” said Frank Marini, president of Yankee Leisure Group.
“I am really excited to be joining the dynamic team at Yankee Leisure Group,” said Cris David, vice president of sales for Canada. “The company’s meteoric growth over the last few years demonstrates the incredible value that YLG’s offering represents for consumers and travel agents alike. There’s really no competition. Nobody else in the industry is doing the same thing.”
The DetailsYankee Leisure Groupwww.ylginc.org