Get Us in Your Inbox
WhatAmerican Airlines has announced its summer 2020 international schedule, which includes new service from Philadelphia (PHL) to Casablanca, Morocco (CMN); Dallas-Fort Worth (DFW) to Tel Aviv, Israel (TLV); Chicago (ORD) to Krakow, Poland (KRK); ORD to Budapest, Hungary (BUD); and ORD to Prague (PRG).Why It MattersAmerican’s service to Morocco will be the its first entrance into the African continent, and it will be the only U.S. carrier with nonstop service to Casablanca. Additionally, American will be the only U.S. carrier providing service to KRK, BUD and PRG from ORD.
Fast Facts- New flights will be available for purchase Aug. 12, except for TLV, which will be available for purchase Oct. 10.
- Casablanca service will be operated three times per week on a Boeing 757.
- ORD, American’s Midwest hub, has seen significant growth and now offers more domestic and international seats than it has in more than a decade.
- Next summer’s flight to KRK will be American’s first to the destination.
- According to the airline, it will offer the most premium seats to Eastern Europe of all U.S. carriers next summer, as all its new flights will be operated by a Boeing 787-8, featuring 20 Flagship Business seats and 28 Premium Economy seats.
- American will also provide routing to U.S. cities including Austin, Texas, and San Jose, Calif., in addition to one-stop service to 33 new cities in the U.S.
What They Are Saying “Our customers and team members have been asking when we’re going to start service to Africa, and I couldn’t be more pleased to make this announcement for service beginning in 2020,” said Vasu Raja, vice president of network and schedule planning for American. “We look forward to working with Royal Air Maroc when they join Oneworld in January, which will allow for even more connections further into Africa to places such as Marrakech, Morocco; Lagos, Nigeria; and Accra, Ghana. This is only the beginning.”
“There’s strong local demand to Eastern Europe in Chicago, and it’s important that we provide more service for our customers to visit family and friends or explore a new part of the world,” Raja added. “Chicago has been a great example of trying new things with our network, like seasonal service to Athens, Greece, that launched earlier this year, and when customers take advantage, it allows us the opportunity to keep growing.”
The DetailsAmerican Airlines www.aa.com